Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Singapore!

It’s 8am, National Day, and I decided to blog while waiting for my hair to dry. How am I going to spend national day this year? Sleep. All because of the all-nighter last night. Yes, I remember saying that all-nighter’s are out for me, because my old body simply can’t take it anymore. Well, opps, I did it again. My young-at-heart nature willed my old body to go for it lah… Hehe.. Let me narrate the series of events lah..

8pm – My brother came home, and prepared to go out again. I was reminded that Epignosis, my ex-cell, was going to receive Priscilla and Andrea at the airport. Tempted to go, but hesitant.. Should I, or shouldn't I? Should I, or shouldn't I?

8.15pm – Decided to ‘chiong ah!’. Picture (right) : Joseph and I in our coincidental "情侣装".



9pm – Journey to Airport in Church Van with 11 others..

10.30pm – Reached Airport late, due to traffic jam at ECP! Luckily, Priscilla and Andrea were not out yet.. The urge to fly again..

10.50pm – We caught a glimpse of them! And we were the center of attention, with all the ruckus… It was extremely exciting, with so many of us there, banners and
all.. People must have wondered if some superstar has arrived, with all his fan club.. Finally, they are out, and many photos set the event in memory. Seeing them, and hearing a little of how their trip had been, there was a longing to stay in the mission field longer than 2 weeks too. “You build deeper relationships” says Priscilla..

The Epignosis Cell : We're waiting for you, Priscilla!!

Hands Right up!! In full force and effort! Together with the 3 cheerleaders from Andrea's cell, coupled with banners and excitement!


12mn – Sang “Happy Birthday Singapore”, as well as patriotic songs like “Home”, “Where I belong”, etc..Not to forget, our beloved national anthem..



12.30am – Reached Geylang. Once again reminded of the infamous gals and hotels.. Signs such as “Room $10 per hour”. Are we so desensitized to it already? First stop : Durian. Picture (left) : "It ain't that great huh.." (right) Our muscleman - David Goh.


1.15am – (Cam battery died.. ) Walked to second stop : 豆浆 and 油条! Ah… Reminisced China, since it was a common breakfast over there.. And I made a discovery! In Shanghai, there was a famous shop 永和 that sells豆浆 and 油条.. and today, as we went to our famous geylang stall to eat it, I read the signboard (finally, I can read Chinese words.. ) and it said永和! Boy, was I excited!! The only difference was that the永和 shops in China are much nicer and modern, compared to our Geylang’s shop.. =)

2.30am – Reached Mustafa Centre… My first time there, but bought nothing.

4am – Reached YiHang’s house.. Tried playing a game of pool, but realized how rusty I’ve become. Resorted to watching VCD and snacking, but was dozing off most of the time.. haha.. I can’t believe it. I dozed off while still holding the cuttlefish in my hand, and each time I woke up, I found my cuttlefish half-chewed in my mouth.. haha.. Goodness! Will vs Body? 1 – 0..

6.30pm – Moved off to West Coast Market for Breakfast. See stoned faces. Wished each other ‘good night’, and it’s home sweet home!


So, that’s my national day all-nighter this year, with my ex-cell..
Things have changed, but friendships don’t.. =)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home