Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bang..

Shocking news of the day: My brother's classmate's brother passed away today. Though I have no idea who this person is, but it did have some impact, because this person is so young, probably around my age, and he died in a car accident. Which brings a recent thought to a climax : Life and Death is only separated by a breath away. Life is really quite fragile.

And as if this news wasn't enough, my family was involved in a car accident today. Not moi daddy's fault, but the taxi behind who was so blur and didn't stop, thus banging into the rear. My first experience of a car accident. Thank God all of us are fine, except for a little headache that I've been having since then. I hope it's purely psychological and not because my smart brain was shaken or something.. =)

But I have much to thank God for. Because a few minutes before the accident, I decided to put on my seatbelt. For your info, Queen Esther has no habit of putting on her seatbelt if she's in the backseat. But I decided to just wear my seatbelt this time thinking "just in case got accident". and somewhere in my subconscious, I was wondering if that was Mr H/S. Really thank God that all is safe and well, and I think I will consider wearing my seatbelt in future. hmm.. =)

Finally visited my grandparents today after so long. It's a pity, as I was thinking about how my grandparents are almost strangers to me, apart from the yearly CNY greetings that we exchange.. But as I saw my bedridden skeletal grandfather today, something stirred.. As I held his hand, and all I could do was smile, to see his toothy grin despite the pain and all, I would say there is a connection beyond language, beyond strangerhood.. And I know that if my grandfather passes on today, I have no regrets, because after so long, I finally communicated "I love you" not by words, but by that firm grip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home