Regrets..
RegretsThere are two kinds of regrets in life,
One speaks of feeling sorry
for things that were done in the past,
The other speaks of being sad
for things that were not done.
Yes, I regret.
For all my time, energy, and well-being,
It is heartache to say
"All was wasted".
To realize what a fool I've been
It's like waking up from a dream
It's hard to go back to sweet slumber
Damned would I be if I go crawling back so.
Yes, I regret.
Of the things that could have been.
The "If only" and the "What ifs"
They pierce each regret.
Tears would not wash away regret,
neither would a million sighs do any good.
Is life meant to be punctuated by regrets?
I don't really know.
But one thing I remember,
The same principle stands.
Forgetting what is behind
and straining toward what is ahead.
So I won't be that easily defeated.
To once again fix my eyes on the unseen
To trust, to trust, and to trust.
He makes all things beautiful in His time.
I want to surrender all my regrets,
I want to take a deep breath,
and say "It's really ok",
and believe,
"Yes, it's time to move on.."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home