Friday, August 04, 2006

Random.

The Lake House
Running Time : 100min
Starring : Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock
Esther's Ratings : 2/5
Comments : A disappointment even to one who has been deprived of watching movies for a few weeks. Slow-moving, it almost put Esther to sleep. Didn't manage to stir emotions, even at supposedly romantic scenes. The 2 stars were given out of pity for the star-studded cast with beautiful smiles as well as the unique concept of time. However, if you are in love, or have a special someone you're thinking of, chances are you may like this movie, as evident from Esther's movie buddy. Perhaps, being in love, or dreaming of love, makes one not only blind, but more tolerant of lousy movies.

------------------------------------------------------------
hehe..slightly more than a week before school starts. Been taking life easy these few days, with daily activities such as relaxing, reading, watching TV, and playing the piano. I'm grateful for such opportunity to rest and recharge for the semester ahead. As I think of the semester ahead, I remember my father's 'statement-of-the-day' to me this morning : "I can't believe you are doing honours!" Well, he said it not sarcastically, but really with disbelief.. and to which i quipped, "yes, I can't believe it myself too." Honestly, I have no idea why i'm walking this path, but oh well, we'll play by ear eh..

I'm very much happier these few days, simply because happiness is a choice, as well as a state of mind. But how do you define happy anyway? Does being less sad equals more happy? Or am I more 'happy' becuase I compare it with the downs of yesterday? Oh well, let's drop the details for once, O-melancholic. Let's just keep it simple : Yes, I am happier, because I choose to be. =)

Emotional : =)
Spiritual : =)
Physical : hmm..

I am really starting to believe my health is not very good, although I am still egocentric - nothing bad will ever happen to me.. Waking up still feeling tired, and like today, while seeing to matters in NUS, I can just feel my energy level dropping. Just like a laptop's battery indicator, I can just imagine my body's own energy indicator dropping drastically, and soon, it would send off warning signals for being on standby mode (stone), hibernate mode (sleep), hang (be irritable), or die off (RIP).

And speaking of laptops, I was just at NUS today with moi father a.k.a. banker to get a new laptop! yeah! a new toy! Well, we had to get one because my sis's PC is throwing tantrums, but somehow, I am more convinced that I am the one who needs a laptop more than anybody else right? After all, there is a NUS domain that I can log into.. hehe.. Well, hopefully there's no catfight tonight, probably some debates, but I"m sure it will work out.. =)

Being the tech-geek that I am, whatever 1.83Hz, 2MB L2 Cache, 512MB, 60 GB, makes no sense to me. What won me over then? The beautiful sleek design of the pure-white Mac, with a built-in camera.. But all thanks to practical and rational Daddy who is unmoved by looks, we got a Lenovo (read IBM) Thinkpad in the end. "Well, the screen is bigger, won't strain your eyes.." he says. So I had to convince myself that Lenovo is better lah, and yes, Mac's screen is visibly smaller ok... haha..At least I'm consoled that Lenovo gave me free decals (pretty stickers) to decorate my Thinkpad, makes it more bearable eh.. =) Now, I'm eyeing this pretty phone Nokia N72... While I feel a little tech-crazy now (I'm starting to understand the life of a certain Mr. Wong.. haha..), it's all in the name of 'necessity' because my dear Samsung phone's keypad is failing me.. And yes, i like it because it simply looks good. again. And I dare say, Nokia must have paid their advertisement designers tons of money for them to get a tech-geek to 'wow' at their technology sleek designs..

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

N72? The pink one with flowers right? Wah I saw it after I bought my phone and I like it cos its so prei-Tee. However, I still think mine is classic MUa hahaha why? Cos its mine *grins*

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger clyruth said...

yay!!! new toys R fun! especially when daddys (or is it daddies?) pay for them! =D

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger jon said...

eh. i am not tech crazy. i just make new friends. say hi to mr powerbook, mr ipod, mr canon, and mr sony ericsson. haha. i should start naming all my items!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home