The long-awaited, now over..
Retreat came and went. The long waiting of excitment and anticipation finally ended up as expected, and I am left thankful, and perhaps, overwhelmed. 5 days of soaking in God's holy presence, and learning to move with the Spirit. 5 days of hearing so much, having been prayed and prophesized over so much, and ministering so much, I am left speechless lah. Simply dunno where to start when asked "how was retreat?".I shan't say much lah, simply bcoz it's indescribable. I dun tink it's hype this time, since many of the youths were 'cut to their hearts', and eventually being restored by God. It was indeed a personal encounter with the Almighty God. and I cried and wept so much, I started to wonder if it's a cause for concern after a few days. Well, at least I know that this only happens with the divine, so it shld be ok lah.. =)
I would say that my expectations of retreat were met exactly. Expectations of meeting God personally and seeing Him move. and expecatations of spending quality time with people. I am satisfied, after having unrushed 100% attention time to spend with different individuals, and I'm blessed. To hear, to share how God has been working in our lives, and to affirm and encourge, and sometimes pray together. Nothing beats one-on-one chats, and it's interesting how deep sharing binds hearts together. Fellowship is the word.
I enjoyed the program too. Teh discipline instilled for the youths - like no shopping, and having to do spiritual disciplines like silence, fellowship, praying adn fasting, and evangelism. It was good and helpful. and I enjoyed the 'Gifts of the Holy Spirit' workshop by Pastor Matthew Wai tremendously. Though I suddenly felt like we were in Harry Potter's Hogwarts, attending some wizardry class 101. Pardon the distasteful analogy, but i really felt so for a second, since we were learning deliverance and how to cast out demons. haha. I could almost feel the power shooting out from my fingers. Well, there's some truth to a certain extent, as it dawned on me that we are dealing with the spiritual realm. Don't play play k. Just pray pray.
There is a slight sense of dread as I reached Singapore. bcoz it means time to do work, time to carry on life and pick up all that I left behind in Singapore. but with that, I know that it is also time to exercise and apply what we've learnt and received in retreat lah. So, just let me sigh, and get on with life. with Victory, not defeat.

1 Comments:
wizardry class 101. hahs interesting description!
Post a Comment
<< Home