Monday, February 26, 2007

How real are blogs anyway?


I just had a heart attack 2 nights before when my brother came rushing into my room. He asked "Did you forget to make your blog entry private?" and it dawned on me. That I had mistakenly posted an entry of my journal onto this blog where everybody reads. (I have this blog, and a private journal online).

Can you imagine how flabbergasted I was, hoping nobody had read it? Well, my brother did. Thankfully he did, or else the whole world would have read my journal. Ecks. I feel so exposed, so vulnerable. Joseph said "I couldn't believe you blogged like that. As i read each paragraph, I kept on checking to see if i was reading someone else's blog." I didnt' journal anything 'sinful', mind you. (Thank God for that! Phew!) But it was just so real, so bluntly true to myself, with no such form of pretension.

This post is to inform you that if you did 'luckily' chance upon that misplaced post, you better 'ZIP' it. haha. but I think nobody did, apart from my brother. Thank God for that!

But this lesson made me realize the stark reality of blogs. What exactly are blogs for? To present an intended portrayal of self to others. It was never to help people understand deep within. So if you're thinking that reading each other's blogs regularly is enough to keep updated, dream on. And yes, don't be shocked at me. Because you do this constantly too. Is it ever possible to be ultimately real with people all around you? Never.

It also made me wonder which 'blog language' do I use before God? The beautifully composed words, or the bluntly truthful ones?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home