Monday, December 25, 2006

My Pride and My Joy

It's Christmas, and it's a joyous occasion! A great time to remember the birth of Christ, to be thankful and grateful for what He has done, and also to reflect on the year that is passed, and look forward to the new year ahead. In this festive season, I can't help but feel a leap in my heart at the hope for next year, no matter how challenging or tough it may be.

In r-age, next year's theme is Fellowship. and I think that before 2007 starts, we have started off already! It was fun at the Christmas event - food, games, talk, sports, and countdown. Not to mention overnight. I think in the wee hours of the morning, people were getting 'high'. Anywayz, what i wanted to say on this post actually is - My Pride and My Joy :


I am so encouraged by them lah - my COOL cell of 4 years. As I spent some time with them during the Christmas event yesterday (probably my last time for ages), I am left thankful, amazed, and also emotional. These group of people, whom I tried many methods to guide them - teach, lead, scold, discipline, encourage, be a friend etc. and I was left disappointed just few weeks back when I evaluate my 4 years of cell ministry and hardly saw much growth. BUT God is good. because in this recent week, I have been seeing things that I did'nt expect. My 'kids' are hungry for God, and they became more involved in ministry. Suddenly, they are ready to fly, to become leaders of the ministry. And I am left amazed - "Lord, it is truly You who cause the growth." and I'm so so thankful, that in this last week of my involvement with them, that my heart can be encouraged, that I can truly believe now that whatever labour I had put in had not gone to waste. Thank You Lord.

But being encouraged also makes it harder to leave the youth ministry. It is sad, albeit necessary. The spiritual 'motherly' instincts are still very much there, even though I have found friends - as my gal puts it - in them. I release them to You, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home