Thursday, January 18, 2007

Reflections

I just finished typing an extremely difficult email. I hadn't had such dilemmas in a long time. It was an email of saying 'NO!' to something that needed my help in. I understand the great need for someone to stand in the gap, but as I evaluated my time and priorities, I knew I couldn't commit. It feels horrible, typing every word of the email. It never used to bug me last time, where I could say 'No' easily without batting an eyelid.

At the end of the day, I guess it's this 'superwoman/man' complex within most of us, if not all. I see a great need, and I have a great urge to fill in the gap and meet the need. But as Becky advised me, "Just because there is a need doesn't mean you have to go fill it. Don't be a gap-filler." Indeed, if we look around, there is an never-ending array of needs, and all are crying out "I'm the greatest need!".

I don't want to be a gap-filler, Lord. I just want to be where You want me to be.

On a different note, a group of my Social Work classmates had Christian worship and prayer today, and I joined them. It was wonderful, as I am reminded again of how intercession should be like. It was amazing to see people of different denominations, but united in Spirit as we prayed for salvation for our classmates. I am privileged. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home