Friday, September 26, 2008

Missing Becky


It has been long since I was asked the question "So what has God been speaking to you about?". I received an email from Becky today, and she asked me the usual 'walk with God' questions that I have been posed for the past years.

After replying her with a long and honest email, I was heartened to read her reply. It has been long since somebody gave me such detailed advice and encouragement. Becky has this ability to give perspective on life now, and the potential that I can reach. She is no doubt my mentor - a God-sent one.

Becky re-affirmed my giftings and calling, which I find myself losing sight of now. Perhaps, the greatest encouragement came through this sentence, "unlike others, you have a steep learning curve while overseas". She was talking in the context of missions, and it did add strength to my failing heart.

In the rare times where I miss people, Becky is one of them now. I felt like crying when she ended off her email with "I'll always have time for you lah!".

Today, I thank God for His grace in giving me this dedicated mentor - one who loves God with all her heart, soul, mind, and strength.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home