Thursday, January 15, 2009

T.H.E.R.A.P.E.U.T.I.C

This week really flew past. You mean it's 54 minutes to Friday already? I feel like I'm still stuck in the first week of January. My body is aching all thanks to a PE workshop I attended yesterday. I think it gave me exercise enough for 1 month! I am a full-fledged teacher this year, and that means a full timetable although I'm still the baby of the school. Yet somehow, I wonder these days if my job is to teach or to attend workshops. Whoever said teachers have a good life because it's half day work?

Monday - Staff training
Tuesday - Table tennis & Remedials
Wednesday - Staff training
Thursday - Stellar Workshops
Friday - Free for now, but remedials coming soon.

And ther'es even a Networking session with parents this Saturday! Hohoho!

Also, in the nearly-1-year of my teaching stint, I have never encountered so much ADMIN! goodness! It's enough to drive one crazy. Thank God that I have learnt to let go and just mount on it when it comes, instead of clinging on and killing myself over it. Nevertheless, teaching is still fun lah, despite the countless times I tell the kids to keep quiet. It's really quite enjoyable to step back once in a while and appreciate a child for who he is, even though he's such a ADHD troublemaker. I have to stifle my laughter today as I watched the class do the School Readiness Test. Despite that, some of them caught my 'am chio'. Really cannot take it when I look at how funny they can get, will get internal injury if I dont' LOL. .

Met Andrea and Cornelius at Vivocity today to discuss some materials. When I stepped into Vivo and breathed the shopping air, WOAH! I TOTALLY MISS SHOPPING CENTRES! I miss hanging out, having a nice drink, or shopping. And so I decided that in this upcoming CNY holiday, I shall seize all opportunity to do things that I miss - lying on the beach at Sentosa, hanging out, shopping, and watching movies! Anybody game?

Today, I had a very funny thought. Strangely impossible, yet the mind does play tricks on us. It must be the frequency lah.

On another note, in the midst of all busyness, I have travelling dreams for the year ahead. Was reading mrbrown.com (yes, I do squeeze some time to kapo around his blog), and was so impressed with the Villa at Bali! Sobs! They even have a spa in their own villa with a private pool.. How shiok can it get lah?! Bali shall be my short trip destination.. And after Korea 101, I shall move on to Hokkaido 102 for another great Asian experience. Oh when, oh when, shall I take my flight? Oh when, oh when, will it be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home