Thursday, March 20, 2008

Running the Race

I helped out with my school's sports heats yesterday. Despite the continuous drizzling, it still had to be carried out. The poor children had to run in the rain on the track full of puddles.

Watching them compete brought back a lot of memories. It's amazing how I still remember so vividly the nervousness I felt on the day I had to run for my class last time. I can't help but smile with understanding when the kids come up to me saying "Ms Lum, I'm very nervous!". "It'll be all over soon.." I promised.

As I watch them sprint the 100m race, I felt like crying. It is the same when I'm on the plane looking out of the window while it is gaining speed to take-off. This very same deep emotions that well up within me is accompanied with the same prayer:

"Keep me running the straight path with endless perseverance"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home