Thursday, May 28, 2009

Meet-The-Parents

Today was meet-the-parents day, and I never knew it was so tiring! It was brain draining, having to talk and give advice on 28 children. Generally, I think all the parents desire to be involved in their child's learning, which is way cool!

A few things that are memorable:

1) A set of parents who are from China, but the father looked so much like a Malay that it was weird hearing him speak Chinese.

2) Another father who was Malay, but looks so much like a Chinese!

3) A parent who thanked me for my patience with her child, and she teared... Wow.

4) Parents telling me how different their child is at school and at home. Angel and Devil. hah.

5) I realized my word is LAW to the kids. No matter what the parents say, whatever the teacher says win.

To mark the start of holidays, I decided to get a fresh look. Googled recommendations for a good hair stylist, decided on Clover Hair Salon at Far East Plaza because they are having a 48% discount on chemical treatments, and walked out a satisfied customer! I think everyone who walks in there come out looking great and pleased. Wonderful! And my hair stylist, Keida Lee, was so nice. He offered to cut my fringe for free whenever it pokes my eyes - until he dies, he says! Now, that is great service! I am won over... No photos because my camera is short on battery life. Bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home